Help! My iPad locked up!
How many times have you encountered this problem? Well, this can be one sticky situation but unfortunately, it happens. Every piece of technology is prone to experience some problems from time to time. So, what should you do if your iPad locked up and refuses to respond to the Home and Sleep/Wake button, the slide to unlock and/or slide to power off functions or if it refuses to turn on or off completely? Here are some tips that can help you solve the issue and get your iPad up and running like nothing ever happened!
iPad Locked Up: Troubleshooting Options
- Clean the screen. Is your Multi-Touch display responding very slowly? Sometimes, all you need is to clean your screen. You can do this by wiping all the visible smudges and lint using a slightly damp and lint-free cloth. If this doesn’t work, try removing the protective film on the touch screen.
- Recharge the device. Check if your iPad is running on very low battery since this can also affect its performance.
- Try restarting your iPad. Press and hold down the sleep/wake button for a few seconds until you see the red slider. Slide it across to shut the iPad down and press the sleep/wake button to restart the device.
- Reset it. You’ll need to reset the iPad if restarting it doesn’t fix the problem. To do this, press the Home button and the Sleep/wake button and hold them down together for 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears. Check your device after it finishes resetting itself to see if this solves the problem.
- Restore your iOS software. If everything else fails, connect your iPad to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch your recently updated iTunes. After your iPad has been detected, look for the Devices section and click on the iPad icon.